Written by market-leading History author, Dermot Lucey, whose name is synonymous with History education in Ireland, Making History provides everything you need for Junior Cycle History.
- Specification Learning Outcomes are broken into clear, achievable Learning Intentions
- The Nature of History strand is introduced and then reinforced in each chapter through skills-based activities and the frequent use of sources
- Integrates recommended Junior Cycle teaching strategies, such as Think–Pair–Share, Hot Seat and Venn Diagrams
Analysing Sources sections encourage students to investigate intriguing historical questions and to hone the skills of the historian
- The order of the chapters and the pictorial timelines at the start of each promote chronological awareness and help students acquire the ‘big picture’
- The frequent use of questions in headings promotes exploratory learning, encourages lively classroom debate and develops historical consciousness
- Assessment features include:
– Suggested CBAs for each topic
– Focus Tasks for groupwork and research
– Activities that encourage historical empathy
– Range of questions on a vast array of primary and secondary sources
The Making History package includes:
Making History Skills Book - Included FREE with the textbook: Written by Stacy Stout with Dermot Lucey, this book includes skills-based activities, and reflection and revision exercises
Making History Teacher’s Resource Book with detailed schemes of work and How to’ guides for incorporating technology and active teaching methods
- A suite of digital resources including curriculum-focused videos, PowerPoints and quizzes, all available on GillExplore.ie
Free eBook of the textbook with embedded videos, weblinks and quizzes.
See inside front cover for details.
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.