School Level: Primary
Publisher: Outside the Box
Author: Julie Ryng and Nina Garvey
Product: Book and Audio CD Set
Format: Softback (Book) and CD
Edition: 1st Edition
Publication Date: 2011
Strum Along is a new guitar tutor which was written by Julie Ryng (author of Whistle Along and Melodies in D) and Nina Garvey.
All songs are in the key of D (used for tin-whistle and recorder in schools)
It uses the vocabulary of the school music curriculum. There is a new song to be learned in each lesson
All songs are within a comfortable vocal range for children and adults alike.
It incorporates a different style of strumming or finger-picking for each song so that the learner's experience is broadened and deepened.
Index of Lessons in Strum Along
- Page 1 Foreword
- Page 2 About the guitar
- Page 3 Naming the strings, Song 'Four seasons'
- Page 4 How to read chords
- Page 5 Finding your note, Song 'Frere Jacques'
- Page 6 Three chord trick, Chord A7
- Page 7 Chord sequences, Song 'Hush little baby'
- Page 8 Pentatonic music, Accompaniment style for 2/4 rhythm
- Page 9 Song 'Rocky Mountain'
- Page 10 Accompaniment style for three beats in a bar
- Page 11 Song 'Clementine'
- Page 12 Using a plectrum, Chord G
- Page 13 Song 'Oh Susanna!'
- Page 14 The elements of music
- Page 15 Song 'Connemara Cradle Song'
- Page 16 Reading Tablature, plucking style accompaniment
- Page 17 Song 'Auld Lang Syne'
- Page 18 Chord E, Plucking style for waltz time
- Page 19 Song 'Molly Malone'
- Page 20 New Strumming, song 'Jingle Bells'
- Page 21 Tuning the guitar by relative tuning
- Page 22 Revision work, changing accompaniment styles
- Page 23 Tablature of plucking style for three / four time
- Page 24 List of suggested songs suitable for Key D
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.