Great Expectations 1 is a first-year textbook for the new English course leading to the Junior Cycle Student Award (JCSA). Great Expectations 2 will complete the course.
Features of Great Expectations 1
- Learning Expectations are stated at the beginning of each chapter
- Tasks throughout the chapters are clearly laid out under recognisable headings (literacy, numeracy, drawing, research, writing, reading, etc.)
- Differentiation to suit a range of abilities is at the core of the choice of material and accompanying tasks
- Checklists and self-assessment tasks encourage assessment for learning
- Grammar is integrated into each chapter and reinforced in the topics and tasks
- Assessment is incorporated into each chapter leading to an end-of-chapter assessment
- Pairwork and Groupwork are encouraged regularly and where appropriate
- Peer assessment is encouraged with the ‘swap copies’ signal
- Oral Language tasks are integrated in a natural way throughout each chapter
This product usually ships within 24 hours.
Delivery - For further information on our delivery options, please click here.
Returns - Details of our 'Returns made easy' process can be found here.