Author: Michael O'Callaghan, Pat Doyle, Orla Molamphy & Ger Reilly
Publication Date: 2016
Exploring Science has been written specifically for the new Junior Cycle by a team of experienced teachers and authors, who are specialists in their subject areas. It comprehensively covers the new Science Specification and the Framework for Junior Cycle.
- Focuses on the development of students’ knowledge and enjoyment of Science, referencing the Nature of Science strand throughout
- Divided into the five strands of the new specification: Nature of Science, Biological World, Chemical World, Physical World and Earth and Space
- Student-friendly design, layout and language level (SMOG tested)
- The user-friendly layout incorporates:
- Learning Outcomes and Keywords at the start of every chapter
- Well-labelled diagrams
- A wide range of photos and illustrations
- Coloured tabs to identify the five separate strands
- Develops literacy and numeracy by highlighting key words and the interrogation of data
- Includes a mix of individual and group work activities to promote active learning
- Provides activities that promote research-based enquiry
- Engages students with scientific issues and ideas to develop scientific literacy
- Links to the Statements of Learning as outlined in the
- Framework for Junior Cycle
- Contains a substantial and detailed index
- Free Student Portfolio provides additional material, questions and activities to complement textbook content
This product contains three (3) separate books
This product usually ships within 24 hours.
Delivery - For further information on our delivery options, please click here.
Returns - Details of our 'Returns made easy' process can be found here.