A forward-thinking approach to looking back. Artefact is a complete package for the new Junior Cycle History course. Written specifically to cater to the requirements of the new specification by practising teachers.
- Artefact features fold-out Irish and world history timelines for easy reference, allowing students to place events in context.
Skill-based chapters on The Historian and The Archaeologist introduce students to key methods and knowledge needed to explore the past such as understanding time and timelines and working with evidence.
- Chapters begin with a simple timeline, a short introduction to what will be studied, and relevant sources and evidence for vital context.
Chapters are divided into sub-topics to assist teachers in constructing lessons. Each sub-topic begins with a brief list of learning intentions and contains question checkpoints to assess knowledge and understanding as students move through the material.
Working With the Evidence feature integrated throughout every chapter offers students a wide range of sources to examine and respond to such as posters, photographs, speeches and extracts from written documents.
- Life in Time feature highlights key figures and introduces students to their background and contribution to history.
- Chapter summaries and ‘Reflecting on…’ feature allow students to draw conclusions and make links with related topics or the contemporary world.
- Chapters end with revision-style Understanding History questions and summative Exploring History questions and tasks that help students to consider issues, make judgments and express viewpoints.
- A Key Terms list with definitions appears at the end of each chapter for easy revision.
Sources & Skills Book contains:
- short self-assessment section for every chapter allowing students to track their progress
- time capsule question allowing students to reflect on what they have just studied and chose one artefact they would preserve and the reason why
- additional exercises for every chapter of the textbook including extra Working With the Evidence tasks for every chapter and revision-style activities such as crosswords, matching exercises, working with key terms and short answer questions.
Research Portfolio offers Life in Time and Past in My Place tasks linked to every textbook topic, with templates and questions to assist students in completing their research and suggested historical figures to research. An invaluable preparation for CBAs 1 and 2.
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.