Allons-y 1 is a comprehensive, vibrant and engaging package for First Year Junior Cycle French. The package includes the textbook, a Mon Chef d'oeuvre portfolio book, a Lexique book, two accompanying audio CDs, a free ebook and access to online Language classes.
- Popular topics appear in a familiar, well-paced sequence to build a foundation for communication and expression
- Thematic chapters begin with learning intentions to outline main topics, grammar points and cultural information
- Information is presented in clear language at an appropriate reading age for the new common-level course
- Concepts are reinforced through integrated listening, reading, oral and writing exercises
- Clearly identifiable grammar boxes are immediately followed with practise tasks
- Des mots clés boxes highlight new words and phrases
- Consistent wording helps build familiarity with the language and allows for the gradual phasing out of English instructions
- Rappelez ! feature provides important information and helpful tips to foster language awareness
- Self-assessment checks after key topics help students to monitor their progress
- Le dossier francophone pages build socio-cultural knowledge and intercultural awareness by introducing the landmarks, food and traditions of places around the world where French is a common language
- Résumé sections at the end of each chapter offer a bank of exercises to reinforce new vocabulary and concepts
- Le texte authentique feature gives real-world context to topics in the form of menus, posters, articles, weather forecasts and signage
Mon chef d’œuvre portfolio book is a place for students to:
- Create their own ‘masterpieces’ in traditional and digital formats
- Reflect on and evaluate their progress and identify learning strategies
- Complete carefully-scaffolded tasks to develop skills in preparation for Classroom-Based Assessments
Lexique book features:
- Relevant nouns, adjectives and verbs from the textbook in alphabetical order for ease of use
- Space to add new words
- Present tense conjugation of the most useful verbs from Allons-y 1
- Vocabulary, conversations and simple bulletins to build aural understanding and aid pronunciation
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.