The New Geography in Action package is written specifically to cater to the requirements of the new Junior Cycle Geography Specification.
New Geography in Action encourages students ‘to explore the physical world, human activities, how we interact with our world and to recognise the interconnections between systems’ (Junior Cycle Geography Specification).
- FREE ebook edition of book.
- The first page of every chapter offers students a short introduction to what they are about to study and an ice-breaker activity to encourage engagement.
- Creative pair- and group-work activities and video lessons appear throughout.
- Graded questions and self-assessment checks after every topic help students to monitor their progress.
- Up-to-date and relevant Case Studies bring Geography to life for students.
- Chapters end with a revision summary, a sample answer, questions and a visual summary.
- A Key Words section and a Maps section (with physical and political maps of Ireland, Europe and the World) are included at the back of the book.
- Topics are presented in awell-paced and structured sequence and clear simple language is used throughout.
The New Geography in Action - Portfolio and Activity Book is a double-sided book so students can keep all of their work safely in one place.
The Portfolio helps students to develop their skills for CBAs 1 and 2. It is a place where they will be able to:
- create fantastic examples of their work
- reflect on their learning and their use of the Junior Cycle Key Skills
- complete self-assessment checklists
- develop action plans based on their self-assessment.
The Activity Bookcontains a wide range of additional exercises based on the textbook chapters. Activities include matching exercises, labelling and drawing diagrams, working with key terms and short-answer questions.
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.