Kingdom 1 is part of the only series produced for Junior Cycle English since the course was first examined. Includes FREE accompanying Portfolio/Grammar Primer book.
Units on: Writing With Purpose, Poetry and Song, Fiction, Media and Advertising, Stage and Screen, Relationships: A thematic approach
- Each unit opens with a set of learning intentions and a discussion task to lead students to their own understanding of the genre
- Material is carefully sequenced from basic building blocks to more complex concepts, with particular focus on the subset of 22 Learning Outcomes for First Year
- Packed with fiction and non-fiction extracts, short stories, audio and video material, drama, graphic novels, media and infographics, and poems to offer plenty of variety and choice
- Tasks are organised under five key headings: Discuss, Understand, Explore, Create, Investigate
- ‘Focus on’ feature highlights new poetic and literary devices, and new concepts are immediately reinforced with a range of integrated tasks
- Work Together icon highlights opportunities for pair and group work
3 Up answer technique (Start Up, Back Up, Sum Up) gives students a simple, effective strategy for answering questions
- New grammar and language points are presented on clearly identifiable pages with practice tasks immediately after, integrated grammar assessment following texts and further activities in the dedicated Grammar Primer
- Regularly signposted Portfolio links offer students a chance to create their own texts and put their learning into practice
- Units end with a Revision section featuring summative written and oral assessments, language skills tasks and an opportunity to reflect on the unit
- Kingdom 1 ends with an optional mini theme on relationships to give students a flavour of what they will study in Second and Third Year
Kingdom 1 double-sided Portfolio and Grammar Primer book provides:
space and templates to guide creative tasks, redraft space and success checklists
practice tasks for every grammar and language lesson in Kingdom 1
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.