Ahead for Business - Textbook + Activity, Exam & ABQ Book
Features of the Ahead For Business textbook
- Free ebook version
Exam-standard definitions and information drawn from marking schemes
Recent and relevant examples in such areas as legislation, entrepreneurship, business news, and government policy
Syllabus links included at the beginning of every chapter for ease of planning
Chapters divided into sub-topics to assist with constructing lessons. Each sub-topic begins with a brief list of learning intentions and key terms
Think Tank questions and self-assessment statements assess knowledge and understanding as you move through the material
Evaluation boxes for relevant topics help with preparing for this regular exam question
- Clear inclusion of literacy and numeracy with Jargon Buster and Number Cruncher features
Did You Know? facts, recent data and Ahead of the Times news clippings throughout bring the course to life
Explore feature integrated throughout every chapter offers a wide range of active learning opportunities including activities, videos and revision ideas
- Many opportunities for pair and group work with integrated Heads Together tasks
- Regularly signposted Ahead for Exams book links point to exam questions, activities and past and sample ABQs in the Ahead for Exams activity book. Exam questions are organised by topic and a dedicated ABQ section has full ABQs organised into examinable units from 1, 2 and 3 to 5, 6 and 7 and detailed advice on tackling this mandatory question.
- Chapters end with a revision of key definitions and past Higher and Ordinary level exam questions with year and question number provided for ease of reference
Features of Ahead For Exams - Activity, Exam and ABQ book:
- Additional activities for each textbook chapter
- Additional past exam questions organised by topic. Appropriate answer space provided. Exam paper level, year and question detail included for ease of reference.
Sample exam questions organised by topic
Exam advice section
- Dedicated ABQ preparation with 25 ABQs: 5 full ABQs for each set of examinable units, 3 past exam ABQs, 2 brand new sample ABQs matching the format and style of the exam. Written to have relevance and appeal to current students with featured themes including remote working, sustainable business, changes for the high street retailer and technology start-ups. Advice on answering this mandatory question
In Stock - An active product, which we have in stock, ready for immediate despatch
Awaiting Stock - An active product, which we are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. We are likely to have fresh stock of this product again shortly (i.e. usually in 1-5 days), unless the product is 'In Reprint' or 'Not Yet Published' or 'Temporaily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier'.
In Reprint - An active book product, which both we and our supplier / publisher are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Not Yet Published - This is a new title which has yet to be published / printed. Arrival of stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months. When an expected publication date has been provided to us by the publisher, we include it in the 'Description' tab - however this can often be vague and subject to change.
Temporarily Out of Stock (OOS) with supplier - An active, generally non-book (e.g. stationery) product, which both we and our supplier are temporarily out-of-stock (OOS) of. Arrival of fresh stock is completely in the hands of our suppliers, and can be anything from a few days to weeks, or on occasion months.
Pre-Order - Please click here to read some important notes in relation to pre-orders.
Last Remaining Stock - In stock and ready for immediate despatch. However, we have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We still have a small quantity of this product available, but once this is sold we shall not be receiving any further stock in from our supplier.
Discontinued - We have been advised by our supplier that this product has been discontinued / is now 'Out of Print' (OOP). We have sold the last of this product that we had in stock, and shall not be receiving any further stock of this product in from our supplier.
Old Edition - There are multiple editions of this product available. Please note that a product with an Old Edition badge showing is NOT the most recent edition. Some teachers / schools continue to use this old edition, so this product is still being published, hence why we are still selling it. Please check with your child's teacher if you are unsure about which edition you are looking to buy.
Not currently being stocked - This product is not currently being stocked by Schoolbooks.ie. This may be because this product is not very popular at present, or because we have been informed by our supplier that more stock won't be available for some time. Schoolbooks.ie has sold the last of this product / edition that it had in stock. While this product may still be in publication, it is not the intention of Schoolbooks.ie to be receiving any further stock in from our supplier in the short term.